Well before your busy profiler deployment, help ensure your cruise goes smoothly by preparing your team and instrument by following these seven best practices.
- Schedule training. Instrument training at McLane’s facilities is included with purchase. Refresher courses for older instruments can be arranged at our daily rate. Consider training your whole field team as McLane can accommodate small groups. Contact us for more details or if you have any questions.
- Inspect your instrument for damage or wear, taking care to examine O-rings, bulkhead and cable connectors, nylon and stainless steel hardware, and glass spheres. Notify us right away if your sensors need re-calibration or repair as sensors are returned to the manufacturer with varying lead times. Contact us if you require spares or help with instrument inspection.
- Download (and review) all available user reference material to your electronic device before your cruise. Your User Manual can also be found on the USB drive that shipped with the instrument. User manuals and other reference materials can also be downloaded from the website Library. Check the McLane Library for profiler Technical Support updates that explain new features, operational procedures, and other advisory information. Instructional videos, such as this ITP pre-deployment video, can be downloaded onto your device.
- Review deployment conditions and adjust ballast lead as necessary. A ballast sheet is on the USB drive shipped with your instrument. The Profiler User Manual also contains ballasting information. Contact us with any ballasting questions.
- Start a capture file and record pre-deployment bench tests and deployment parameters. The Motocross terminal emulation program is on the USB drive shipped with your instrument or can be downloaded from our website.
- Record the McLane serial number of your instrument(s). Our support team will ask for this information to help you troubleshoot issues while in the field.
- Perform the Best Practice Steps for Battery Connection in Technical Support Bulletin 2016-02. Whenever you connect the main battery to the Profiler electronics, follow this procedure to interrupt the automatic 30 second initialization countdown and re-initialize the watchdog alarm clock. Download the full Technical Bulletin for more details.