Proper post-deployment equipment maintenance extends the life of your instrument and prepares it for your next cruise.
Post-deployment care varies by instrument so refer to the instrument user manual, which can be accessed in our Library. Some universal best practices include the following:
- Run the data offload option, confirm that the data was recorded, and archive any data stored on the instrument. Complete this step before disconnecting the battery.
- Rinse the instrument with fresh water. Drain and clean the instrument of fluids or reagents.
- Inspect the instrument controller housing, O-rings, connectors, and other hardware. In particular, O-rings should be free of wear, grit, hair or small bumps. Refer to the user manual on cleaning and greasing the connectors.
- Remove batteries before storage or shipping. Move the instrument to a dry area before opening the controller housing.
- Refer to the user manual for temperature tolerances and other instrument specific storage details.
Contact us if your instrument requires an evaluation for refurbishment or repair.