Job Title: Production/Development Engineer (posted 2 Feb 2018)
This position is for a creative, self-motivated, experienced Engineer who will have responsibilities in all facets of manufacturing and design. Level of hire dependent on candidate’s qualifications and experience. BS degree in Mechanical, Ocean or Systems Engineering with at least 5 years experience. Specific position qualifications and experience for the ideal candidate should include:
- Experience in production and testing of oceanographic electro-mechanical instruments.
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling (SolidWorks), structural analysis (FEA) desired. Able to create manufacturing drawings from 3D models according to established drafting standards and practices.
- Experience with high pressure housings, o-rings and seals.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude. Must be able to use standard shop and assembly tools and measuring equipment.
- Ability to read and create assembly procedures, drawings and schematics.
- Basic electronics and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to use standard electronic equipment such as multi-meter, power supply, and other electronic test equipment.
- Proficient computer skills. Knowledge of serial communication and networking protocols. Experience with Matlab, Labview or similar desired.
- Eligible to work lawfully in the United States.
- Design / develop components and electromechanical systems for oceanographic research applications.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods and test procedures, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Edit and create documentation for standard and custom instruments.
- Assemble and test of oceanographic sampling systems at the component and system level.
- Inspect and evaluate incoming parts for function and presence of defects
- Provide customer support for sampling and profiling products.
- Examine equipment, processes, operations, and assembly to determine time or quality revisions and suggest improvements.
This position will be based in our East Falmouth, MA facility, which is a smoke-free work environment. This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Travel may be required.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org